Travelling to Germany is easy. The documents you need vary depending on where you are from. If you are a citizen of the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein: all you need is your Identification Card or a valid passport. Citizens of other countries should check the respective website of the German Federal Foreign Office if a visa needs to be requested. In case that a visa is required for travelling to Germany, you must request a visa at the German embassy or consulate-general of your country of residence. You will also need a valid passport. The German authorities may ask for documents showing where you will stay, return air tickets or a personal invitation letter.
The organizing committee of the EFRR-Congress will be pleased to send a formal letter of invitation (in English) to delegates requesting an invitation letter for visa purposes.
The EFRR’s policy for issuing official letters of invitation is as follows:
• Should a letter of invitation be required as part of a visa application, a written request must be submitted to the congress agency of EFRR 2019 via email: email@example.com.
• You’re strongly advised to start your application as soon as you can. Participants that require an official invitation should apply for this invitation via e-mail by at least 8 weeks prior to the meeting at the very latest.
• To expedite the preparation of a letter, please provide the following information in your request:
• Letters of Invitation can only be issued to confirmed registrants, defined as those who have paid the meeting registration fees.
• Letters of invitation can only be issued for the person registered for the meeting. We cannot issue letters of invitation for guests of participants.
• The invitation letter will be sent to the delegate after the registration and by the time payment is made.
• The letters will be sent by email. In case an express delivery is needed, the delegate shall order a courier at his/her expense.
• The organizers will NOT send invitation letters to embassies, neither by fax/email nor by separate post.
• Obtaining a letter of invitation will NOT guarantee that your visa application will be approved. The letter is merely supplementary information that explains a visa applicant’s intended purpose of travel to Germany.
• The organizing committee of the EFRR-Congress is unable to assist with actual visa processing.
• The conference organizers cannot accept any responsibility for visa applications
• Moreover, participants should check whether or not special health insurance is required for receiving a visa. All insurance and visa costs must be borne by the participant.
• If you are not able to attend the conference due to visa issues, the normal cancellation policy for registration fee will apply:
• We would like to point out that such an invitation letter does NOT imply a commitment from the congress organizers to provide any financial support. This invitation is solely meant to help potential delegates to raise travel funds or to obtain a visa.